Trees are perceived differently as a function of their frequency and proximity to human property and activities. For example, in forests trees confer benefits in groups much more so than would an individual tree. Conversely, a single tree growing alongside a busy street could create tremendous value and to many people. Trees in “the woods” are commonly the province of commodity or amenity forestry, while trees in more urbanized settings typically are managed by arborists or tree experts. LaMana Consulting Foresters proudly serves along this entire spectrum from woodland forestry to consulting arboriculture.
Arboriculture encompasses planting, pruning, plant health care, maintenance, and management of individual trees and – occasionally – woodland areas. By enhancing and preserving the value that trees add to the human frame of reference, professional arborists enable people and trees to peacefully coexist in an environment that provides benefits for the larger ecosystem. With the trend toward increased, diffuse development in areas formerly characterized by primary and secondary woodlands, protection and preservation of the value imparted by a vital tree-population has become – and will likely remain – a major concern of all who interact with the land.
Our Licensed Tree Experts & Registered Consulting Arborists offer expertise in:
- Tree Assessment & Reporting
- Landscape Plant Diagnoses & Forensics
- Amenity Tree Inventory & Mapping
- Insect and Disease Identification and Management
- Plant-Health Management Consulting
- Contractor Supervision and Quality Assurance
- Pruning Specifications & Supervision
- Landscape-Plant Acquisition and Locating Services
- Soil and Foliage Nutrient Analyses
- Seminars, Training and Education