Municipal street trees, homeowner associations (HOAs), easement properties, and urban or suburban woodlands comprise the community forest – one of the most valuable amenity and functional components of the public green infrastructure. Because this green asset is long-lived, negative changes in the community tree population can go unnoticed for decades unless programmatic monitoring and intentional planning are adhered to. In addition to our standard services, we support our municipal clients with specialized expertise including:
- Community Forest Management Plans for HOAs and governments
- Street Tree and Right-of-Way Inventory and Management Programs
- Tree, woodland, and green space Ordinance Development and Review
- Tree City USA Status – Application, Compliance and Consulting
- Forest Easement Monitoring, Compliance and Reporting
- Urban & Shade Tree Risk Assessment
- Municipal & Project Tree Preservation Specifications
- Training for Municipal Staff, Contractors, and Volunteers
Cities, Townships and Boroughs often engage the services of consulting arborists and foresters to work on behalf of the municipality in implementing the urban forestry program. LaMana Consulting Foresters has years of experience working under contract to municipalities, and has assisted with municipal reforestation, ordinance creation and approval, tree permit program administration and Tree City USA application and compliance. Michael LaMana has prepared Community Forest Management Plans (CFMPs) for many townships, and has testified in numerous municipal planning board, zoning board and violations matters relating to urban forestry programs.
Why Work with LaMana Consulting Foresters
Our professional consulting arborists and foresters are uniquely qualified by virtue of extensive forestry eduction, as well as University research and teaching experience.